Sep 8, 2011

LESSology Challenge #1: Creative Projects of Amy Tsuruta and Lisa Saunders! :)




Photobucket

Today we are sharing the creative projects of Amy Tsuruta and Lisa Saunders.



Photobucket

Hey there!  It's Amy, with my first LESSology project....
Check out my board book:


I picked it up at Target's $ spot...the first thing I did was paint all the pages black. 
I started off with the front cover.  I actually kept both the front and back covers clean and simple since this is for Darin and he's not a fussy kind of guy:)  So, check it out, his favorite color is blue....see that blue patterned paper?  We recently went on a cruise and one of the things the cruise line left for us was an invite to some kind of jewelry show...that paper is the invite:)



I knew that I wasn't going to use all 8 pages of the book so what I ended up doing is adhering some of the pages together which gave me 4 interior pages.
Here's page one:
All the interior pages are lined with Webster's Pages...all the chippies are Crate.  The alpha on this page is by Sassafras.


I'm imported {canadian} and darin is domestic {montana}..haha.
We recently celebrated our 3 year anniversary...
In February of 2010, Darin proposed to me:)
The alpha on this page is Lily Bee.



Here's the clean and crisp back cover...more of that invitation paper:)




Thanks sooo much for stoppin' by the LESSology blog...I can't wait to see YOUR projects!


Photobucket

Hi! It's Lisa! An art journal is something I’ve been wanting to start for quite some time now. This challenge was the push that I needed to get me going.



I searched the local thrift stores for my perfect journal and found this beautiful hardback book. Emma by Jane Austen. So English and it cost me just $2.50.
I always feel a slight sadness at the thought of defacing a book, but hope that Jane Austen would think that the book is still being loved and appreciated but just in a different kind of way : )


I have removed pages, stuck several pages together to form more sturdier pages and covered these in gesso.
The pages have been misted and painted in lots of different colours.
I am decorating this art journal using odds and ends and scraps. It feels good to be able to use up these bits that are too pretty to throw away.

All my alpha stickers are from Basicgrey and years old. They’ve been saved and not used, so now is the time to finally put them to use.



I have decided to use this journal to record those funny moments. We have lots of them in our family, but we don’t always have the camera to hand at that exact moment.
Now I have somewhere to remember them.

Thank you for stopping by :)
Hope you have enjoyed the design team's projects for The Altered Book Challenge! Now it's time for you to work your magic! :) You have till Sunday September 18, 11.59pm EST. Please leave some love for our designers!

10 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I knew these two girls would ROCK this challenge!!! ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS Lisa and Amy! :):):):):):):):):):):)

lisa said...

Love your board book Amy : )

marenmat said...

All very cool!

Dora said...

I love both of your books, amazing how different it can be to alter a book, inspiration again!

Lea said...

Loving these!!!

Angi Barrs said...

Wowza...super beautiful creations ladies. Love them both. :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Fun and beautiful books!

~amy~ said...

Such a spectacular book Lisa!!'

Audrey Frelx said...

These are awesome!!!

To be honest, I couldn't hold a candle to any of you in this challenge!!! No where near it!!! LOL!!!

Love your books!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Sooooooo beautiful, Ladies!!