Dec 1, 2011

LESSology Challenge #7: Creative projects of Amy Tsuruta and Lisa Saunders




Ready to check out what design team members Amy Tsuruta and Lisa Saunders did for LESSology Challenge #7: You've got mail?

Amy Tsuruta

'ello!
Amy T here with my "You've Got Mail" project.
I'm a big fan of taking the 'cover sheet' of a 12 x 12 Collection and fussy cutting items.

Today's projects uses the Crate Paper I Love Winter Collection:


I decided to decorate my 'rescued' note card set.  For those of you that follow my blog may remember me mentioning that a gal at work recycled a bunch of 5x5 note cards/envelopes to me!  They were headed into the recycle bin because of the change in stationery.

Here's the envelope:


The Trio of Snow Peeps and the "happy winter" sentiment were fussy cut from the collection 'cover page'. 

Here's the coordinating card:


See that Christmas Tree?  Yup, it was fussy cut too!  I cut it in the shape of a tree and did some stitching to make it seem like the pieces were stitched together:)

Here's the duo together:


Can't wait to see how the challenge inspires YOU!


Lisa Saunders

I've made this for my Mum. She's been struggling abit lately. She's taking on too much and is really tired. Seeing as we don't live close I though I would send her this.

I've taken a plain 125x125cm envelope and stuck down the flap and them trimmed off the top so the envelope has become a pocket now. I've decorated the envelope and this Maya Road Chipboard Teapot and taken this Dr Suess quote.
I have a gift card for her local coffee shop to slide into the pocket so she can take some time out and have coffee and cake with her hubby : )
I shall pop it in the post and hopefully it will be a lovely surprise.

Are you inspired to create your own mail art for LESSology Challenge #7: You've got mail? The deadline for entries is Sunday December 11, 11.59pm EST. Please read the challenge rules to ensure your eligibility for our prizes.

5 comments:

~amy~ said...

Love it lisa!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love both of these!!!! GORGEOUS!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Audrey Frelx said...

These are absolutely adorable!!! Love them!!!

Amy and Lisa, you both did a fantastic job!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Cute and Fabulous, and lots of fun too, awesome work ladies!!!

lisa said...

Lovely Amy x