Jan 10, 2012

LESSology Challenge #9: Creative projects of Audrey Pettit and Kirsty Vittetoe! :)


Photobucket

Are you ready to check out the inspiration boards from Audrey Pettit and Kirsty Vittetoe?

Audrey Pettit

Hi everyone, Audrey here, sharing my inspiration board project for our next challenge here at LESSology.

For my inspiration board project, I turned to the colors and theme of one of my favorite new lines, Year.o.graphy by Simple Stories. The mix of neutrals in the line, along with the accents, word strips, and pops of color spark the perfect combo of creativity for me. And with all the great embellishments in the collection pack, this project was quick, easy, and best of all, a ton of fun.

I started with an old framed cork board that was in desperate need of an update.

I liked that the board was already framed, had a hanger and string in the back, and came with push pins. Perfect candidate for a little make-over. First I took the cork board out of the frame, and painted both in neutral tones. I then divided the cork board into quadrants, delineating the sections with a cardstock border sticker and dark brown hemp cord.

I created a layered title focal point for the center of the board using kraft cardstock, alpha stickers, burlap, and embellishments.



And then added accents and titles to each quadrant of my board using alpha stickers and word strips.







The original pushpins were given a face-lift, too. By simply cutting a few elements from the patterned papers and gluing them to the old pins, I now have a completely new, coordinating look.



Kirsty Vittetoe

Happy New Year everyone, it's Kirsty here, sharing with LESSology's first challenge of 2012

* Inspiration Board *

My craft table is always messy, filled with bits and pieces of paper cut out from my project, photos I want to use for my next project, beautiful images I cut out from magazine that provide inspiration, unfinished project or pieces that left behind after I changed my mind. It's 2012, it is time to get organized!!!!


Let's start with a $1 frame from thrift store that I can never resist...




I always love white frame but since my the wall in my craft room is white, I pick a different color this time....




see this "beads garland" that I used to hang my holiday cards on our stairway? we bought something new this year so I trim it up and use it for my inspiration board (I never throw anything away, trust me!)



When I do my project for LESSology, I always look into my box for bits and pieces that were left behind after other projects, look! I just found tons of doily pieces......



now all my photos, magazine cutting, printed vintage images have a place to go.....



I just need my Tall Guy to hang this up right in front of my craft table for me.... : )



Aren't these awesome inspiration boards? Inspired to create your own inspiration board? We would love to see your entries for LESSology Challenge #9 Inspiration Board

11 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Audrey and Kirsty, super projects indeed!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Lovely work Audrey, I would love to have a fun place to organized my stuff! : )

mandysea said...

Absolutely stunning Audrey and Kirsty! Both so different both so inspiring! Gorgeous!

~amy~ said...

such wonderful projects ladies...wow!

Audrey Pettit said...

Fabulous project, Kirsty! Really love your idea of using just a frame and adding the wire hanger. Your use of the old holiday garland is brilliant and beautiful. Love this fun challenge!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love both of these!!! WOW WOW WOW!!!! You both ROCKED it!!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Sheila said...

Love these projects---want to "steal" both---hee hee hee! Audrey, I love the little ruler bits and Kirsty, love the little bits of doilies !!!

Katy said...

Very cool!! And inspriational!

Lynn said...

Such inspiring projects!

Mynn xx said...

Good gravy, what a talented DT!!! LOVE both of these--the redone cork board looks gorgeous--and (no offense) MUCH better! ;) And now I need to go buy me some $1 frames and use this idea in our home!!!

Dora said...

Both are stunning so different but love them!