May 7, 2015

LESSology Challenge #47: Creative inspiration of Mitra Pratt

 photo Challenge-47-Lets-have-a-cupcake-design-team-projects_zps8pvrayaf.jpg

Design team member Mitra Pratt shares a fun way to use those cupcake liners for LESSology Challenge #47: Let's have a cupcake!. :)

 photo Design-team-member-Mitra_zpse5c48df0.jpg


Ever have those cupcake wrappers that get all icky as they are the one on the outside of the bunch? I am here to tell you don't toss them! Use alcohol ink on them! Love the color I got on mine!



It made a great base for the cupcake graphic I used and those pretty Prima flowers. And since the challenge here at LESSology is to use a cupcake on your project, it makes sense to me! Why not also use the wrapper!


I also used a couple pieces of cardboard that came in a package with my curtains & glued them together to make a heavy base for my card. See, Mum's Day is rapidly approaching and I wanted to make a cool gift card holder. I also wanted it all to match a previous box I made from THE CUTTING CAFE vending machine file. If you look really hard, you might see what I tucked in there for my Mom....but shhhh, don't tell her!



 Hope Mom enjoys her sweet treat as much as I am loving those sparkle green hearts and those gold letters!

Hope you get a chance to play along with us!




3 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

I knew you'd come up with something clever and unique..... alcohol ink, eh? Looks AMAZING!!

Unknown said...

Wow - love all the colors and layers. Fab! j

Tone-Lill said...

This is soooo cool Mitra, I love your cup cake theme idea and the finished result is absolutely stunning :)