Jul 7, 2015

LESSology Challenge #49: Creative inspiration of Yvonne Yam


 photo Challenge-49-Woodgrain-design-team_zpsbuh1jujc.jpg

Ready for a whole week of creative inspiration for LESSology Challenge #49: Woodgrain? Let's see what design team member Yvonne Yam came up with.
Yvonne Yam photo Design-team-member-Yvonne.gif

I decided to make a quirky mixed media canvas with as many found objects I can from my "save-it-for-a-rainy-day" stash. 

The base is wrapping tissue from packaging, layers of paint applied with stencils.


Then I had a field day embellishing with my "trasures". 


Yep...I even had a wood slice in my stash. Perfect for a rub-on quote.


The embroidered leaves on leather were from an old pair of shoes. And there's even a black bra strap. Yes, I'm a "collector" of everything. *LOL*

5 comments:

Suman Pandit said...

I marvel at how you make everything work together, Yvonne !! love the 'star' of the show...the wood piece !!

Lizzy Hill said...

Amazing how you can put such eclectic elements together so beautifully - LOOOOVE the wood slice! And the quote fits perfectly!

SD pooja said...

I totally agree with what the two ladies have said above..you have amazing talent to put totally unrelated things together and make them look fab !! I loved the bg with various patterns n the wood slice looks petfect !!

Shylaashree said...

i too agree with Pooja, Yvonne you rock in MM canvas with adorable colors and unique texturing. the sentiment on the Wood piece is top

Unknown said...

very unique, love your stamping .