Apr 7, 2016

LESSology Challenge #57: Creative inspiration of Mitra Pratt

 photo Challenge-57-Snail-Mail-Revolution-Design-Team_zpshsexzznn.jpg

Hope you guys haven't been stalking the mailman for some envelopes to use for LESSology Challenge #57: Snail Mail Revolution...*winks* Let's check out what design team member Mitra Pratt did...

 photo Design-team-member-Mitra_zpse5c48df0.jpg

The other day I was working with some cards I had made and I came across an envelope that had gotten a bit messed up. Instead of tossing it in the bin, I decided it would make a great pocket to hold some memorabilia. 





































I used one of my favorite stamps with some white embossing power and then inked it up with some ink pads. Then I glued the envelope down on the page and started filling it.






































Recently I went through some stuff from my Gram and found a couple of cool things that I was saving for a page like this. One was a list of paints and another was a piece of note paper from her desk. I paired that up with a brush that was a bit injured (you shouldn't use the other end of a brush for prying, but hey you probably knew that). Voila, an arty look for my budding artist, Miss Lexi.






































Lexi in her leather coat and cool scarf was looking arty in that photo. I think it's funny I caught Luke in the background too too. It's just one of those random photos you talk of your kids that later you look at and love.

Hope you get a chance to hang with us here at LESSology and participate in our upcycling envelope challenge. I am positive you have one that isn't all that nice in your stash that needs a bit of love. If not, just wait a day for the mail to arrive and snag one before you toss it!

4 comments:

StirYourCreativity said...

Creative way of using the envelops. Beautiful project

SD pooja said...

Beautiful layout with pretty colors and that envelop is looking Awesome !

Dolly B said...

Love , Love , love this. So unique and looks fabulous
Mary

Lisa said...

Oh my... this is just .. well... yummy...