Aug 5, 2016

LESSology Challenge #61: Creative inspiration of Lizzy Hill


 photo Challenge-61-Bag-Collector-Design-Team_zpswkoyv2nz.jpg 

If you have tons of glassine bags in your stash, designer Lizzy Hill has an awesome idea for using them to make fun mini books for LESSology Challenge #61: Bag Collector.


 photo Design-team-member-Lizzy_zps8033ad7b.jpg

Hey there, my upcycling recycling scrapping friends! Today I'd like to share with you what I did with decorating a paper bag.


Took a paper bag. Folded it into 1/2 & then 1/2 again. Stapled the middle.
Cut the top and bottom bits to create turn-able pages.


Then, because it's a glassine paper bag and not strong, I glued two pages together.
THEN I used an old quote calendar to add a number of quotes that suited 2 of my step grand girls, who I made these books for:



And here's some samples from the insides:


I added Washi tape to the edges for added strength, too. That stuff BREEDS!! 


The front cover.


And one last one, cos I can!


There's a lot of stash-busting bits in here, too:)
Anyways, I hope this inspires you to look at paper bags in a slightly different light.....can't wait to see what you come up with this month!
Cheers ~ Lizzy H ♥♥♥

2 comments:

SD pooja said...

such a beautiful quote book !!

Lizzyc said...

You are such a clever girl! What cute little books, and I am sure the recipients will love them! And stash busting is always good! Have a great weekend!