Sep 6, 2016

LESSology Challenge #62: Creative inspiration of Yvonne Yam

 photo Challenge-62-Handmade-invitationr-Design-Team_zpsm81o0aw2.jpg

A little stumped by our latest challenge? How about some ideas to get those creative juices going for LESSology Challenge #62: Handmade invitation? You could try a fun pocket letter invitation where you could include little pockets of clues for the recipient. Or upcycle an old box to house your special invitation. The possibilities are endless! Let's check out what design team member Yvonne Yam came up with.

Yvonne Yam photo Design-team-member-Yvonne.gif

I wanted to use a translucent plastic box that was packaging  for a set of markers. My idea was to decorate it partially so that the recipient would be able to have a peek at the contents.


So this was what I came up with...a sweet invitation for afternoon tea.:)


I cut a sheet of double-sided patterned paper to size and ran it through my Xyron Creative Station for an even layer of adhesive. I glued the paper from the base of the box, up the back and covered the front flap, leaving the rest of the translucent box untouched.


Then I worked on the large bottle cap decoration for the front cover.


To add a little more interest and texture, I adhered some lace from an old bra with matte medium.


Then I adhered my decorated bottle cap to the top flap of the box.


I wrapped some tea with brown paper packaging and twine and enclosed a tag for my afternoon tea invitation.


Here is how the finished handmade invitation for afternoon tea! Would you like to join me for some afternoon tea? :)


4 comments:

SD pooja said...

Its Beautiful ! Very interesting invite !

Lizzyc said...

This looks wonderful! Quite original too!

Lizzy Hill said...

VERY beautiful! Love that idea.....shabby chic gorgeousness :):)

Lisa said...

Well, this is gorgeous!! Love that you left parts of the box clear... so beautiful!