Oct 6, 2016

LESSology Challenge #63: Creative inspiration of Mitra Pratt


 photo Challenge-63-Musical-chairs-Design-Team_zpsxqnob9kl.jpg

If you have some vintage music papers in your stash, why not use them like design team member Mitra Pratt did for LESSology Challenge #63: Musical chairs?

 photo Design-team-member-Mitra_zpse5c48df0.jpg


Living in upstate New York, I'm always surprised when the weather turns. It's like a switch and overnight we are putting the shorts away, grabbing hoodies, and getting the gardens ready for winter. Our leaves have just started to turn and the days are darker. With that being said, I'm ready to work with some fall colors and focus on interior projects!



I really enjoyed working on this lamp and using this awesome pumpkin colored vintage lace on a copper spray painted shade! The shade, light socket, and light bulb were part of a trade I made earlier this summer with another local artist. The canning jar was one I bought from the Corning ReStore for $3 and spray painted up. The one in the photo above was wayyyyy to small to be the right scale, so I did some painting and spraying on a clear one to get it to match my flowers.


See how awesome that canning jar is? I spray painted the inside with some clear mirror spray and the outside top with some turquoise. Love it! 



See how pretty it is all lit up? The Edison light bulb is pretty epic looking, so I decided to make the vintage music accordian bloom flowers removable so I glued all the flowers to magnets.


The nice part about paper with light behind it? Well, it's lovely and happy! Love vintage music paper! Hoping you love it too, so you'll play along with us for our newest challenge over here at LESSology where we're asking you to encorporate music notes in your upcycled project. 


4 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Looks AMAZING! Love that pumpkin lace.... & the accordion music blooms are a fave :)

Lisa said...

Wow wow wow!!! LOVE this... I knew you were going to do something amazing with these items... so cool! I'll be visiting your blog later...

jeanie g said...

This is so clever and gorgeous to boot. Love it all Mitra. You've inspired me to get out my vintage music paper!

jeanie g said...

This is so clever and gorgeous to boot. Love it all Mitra. You've inspired me to get out my vintage music paper!